A collection of Internet resources and links of interest to photographers
Photography and Culture
- American Suburb X.
- Burn Magazine, "an evolving journal for emerging photographers".
- Jörg Colberg's Conscientious.
- Flak Photo is "a daily photography website that celebrates the art & culture of photography online".
- In Public, "the home of Street Photography".
- 2point8, a "wide-open view on the practice of street photography".
- EV +/- Exposure Compensation of photography and photographers.
- 1000 words photography online fine art photography magazine
- Photojournalism links dedicated to sharing all things photojournalism, documentary photography, and beyond.
Other Sites of Interest
- Analogue Masters, "a showcase corner on the web for all things analogue".
- Asian Photography Blog.
- Feeling Negative?
- The International Analogue Photography Society.
- The Landscapist.
- Photography Pages.
- Shorpy, a historic photo archive.
- slowlight, a blog about pinhole photography and such.
- Too Much Chocolate, "online blogazine run by Jake Stangel that aims to serve and connect emerging editorial, fine art, and commercial photographers all over the internet."
- NPR The Picture Show Photography and commentary from U.S. Public radio network.
- Online Photographer Connecting today's photo enthusiasts to photography's culture.
Melbourne Photographers and Photoblogs
- Bronwen Hyde
- I use two forks
- Jodie Noonan Photography
- lonely radio : buzz
- lushaki.com Luke Tscharke
- The Melbourne Silver Mine non-profit analogue photography collective.
- Melbourne today
- Memetic Drift photography and videography by Christian Were
- Michael Valli Photography
- The Museum of Dirt, Vinnie Piatek
- Musings from the photographic meme pool
- oculus -
- thefotokid - Edouard Muoy
- the plastic lens - a photoblog devoted to lo-fi photography; toy camera, polaroid, pinhole etc.
- urbanlight - urban space, urban light
Keep these articles coming as they've opeend many new doors for me.
- Tips from the Top Floor - a photography podcast by Chris Marquardt. Great photography knowledge, assignments and a nice little community via the forums.
- photogeek.tv - a Melbourne based podcast on all things related to photography, digital, traditional as well as other interesting geeky stuff. Informative and often very funny.
Photo Sharing Websites
Please refer to the wikipedia page for a complete listing. The following is a selection of sites that focus on photography and are used by Melbourne based photographers.
- Flickr - Probably the world's largest photo sharing site
- RedBubble - Display and sale of your art as prints, Tees and other products. Head office right here in Melbourne.
- photo.net - large community of photographers, geared more towards pro snappers.
Stock Photography Websites
Australian Professional Photography Associations
- Australian Commercial and Media Photographers (ACMP)
- Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP)
Manufacturer specific blogs and sites
- Digital Photography Review - "the" source for digi gear reviews and news.
- CNET Australia - Digital Camera Reviews
- The Massive Development Chart gives user-tested development times for all sorts of combinations of film and developer.
- Camerapedia has lots of information about analogue cameras.
- FilmDev, a way of linking information about your film developing process to particular photos on Flickr.